Setting up the Portfolio
Before we get to setting up the Portfolio Widget we have to setup the portfolio.
- Install and activate Jetpack by WordPress.com.
- Go to Jetpack > Settings.
- Activate Custom Content Types.
- Click on Configure. This will take you to Settings > Writing.
- Scroll to the bottom. Look for Your Custom Content Types heading.
- Check the Portfolio Projects option.
- Once checked you should see the Portfolio post type in your admin sidebar.
- Input the title and content for your projects just as you would for blog posts.
- Add the Project Types. (This is similar the Categories in Blog posts. ) The Project types are used for the Portfolio Filter in the Widget.
- Add a Featured Image.